Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One of my favorite Picasso's



Hello Friends!
I hope all is well! I have a few minutes between meetings and I thought I ought to take a moment to post. We are but 5.5 days away from the scheduled arrival of Samuel Joseph! (So the posts will probably become even more infrequent, hard to imagine, I know!)
It is 101 degrees in Dallas today and I got to thinking of cooler times! The picture above is Picasso's "Violin and Grapes." I LOVE IT! Sarah and I took this picture of it on our trip to New York in February (it was much cooler then). The painting lives at the MOMA in NYC. It is a stunning work! I keep trying to find a large print of it for our home but they are hard to find and the only one I found just doesn't even come close to capturing the vibrancy of the original. One of these days....

No comments: