Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Beautiful Advent Poem by MaryAnn Jindra

This morning the Chancel Choir at Argyle UMC sang a beautiful Advent anthem with a text by MaryAnn Jindra with music by Libby Larson. It was lovely! Below you will find the poem which is a lovely reminder for us all during this season.


Lord, before this fleeting season is upon us,
let me remember to walk slowly.

Lord, bless my heart with Love and with quiet.
Give my heart a leaning to hear carols.

Grace our family with contentment,
and the peace that comes only from You.

Lord, help us to do less this busy season;
go less; stay closer to home; kneel more.

May our hearts be Your heart.
May we simply, peacefully, celebrate You.

2 comments:

Jeni Lee said...

Thanks for sharing, Joe--love this reminder!

Joe Stobaugh said...

Hi Jeni!
My pleasure! Larson's setting of the text is gorgeous! I hope ya'll are doing well!