Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Been a while....

Whew...tis' the season for lots of work! I know it's been a while since I last posted. Advent this year has been surprisingly full. Once I got done with my ordination paperwork and World AIDS Day I thought I'd have more time but, as usual, it was less than I wanted. I think that's a trick of the mind, we're always looking forward to breaks, vacations, etc. so that we can hold on and finish the work we have in front of us. (If one is lucky enough to have those luxuries.)
Right now I'm reading several interesting books...
I'm working through Marcus Borg's The Heart of Christianity, Diana Butler Bass's Christianity for the Rest of Us, Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Golf by Design, and a devotional collection on Advent and Christmas music by an Anglican Priest. The Borg and Butler Bass books are proving to be the most interesting of the four. I'll post more if anything incredibly revelatory occurs in these works!

No comments: