Sunday, February 18, 2007

I promise I'm not dead! (And other random thoughts.)

Wow, it's been yet another long sojourn from blogging. Life is full!!!! I just returned from a wonderful few days of skiing with great friends in New Mexico. We drove in during a blizzard (which, unfortunately, seemed to keep us from seeing any aliens in Roswell) so the skiing was great.

Recently, I have been preparing for my final ordination interview. The moment of truth, so to speak, occurs February 27th, at 2:00. I'm a bit nervous but I am looking forward to getting started on the interview.

I just finished reading Marcus Borg's The Heart of Christianity. Borg is truly a gift to the church. While the ending wasn't as strong, at least in my humble opinion, as the rest of the book, I believe it should be required reading for any progressive Christian.

Also, I finished reading Parker Palmer's Let Your Life Speak during my vacation. Palmer is a gift as well! I would recommend this book for anyone who is struggling to discern what their true vocation might be.

More random thoughts...the Sanctuary Choir here at TPUMC is working on the Rutter Requiem which is coming along better some days than others...I'm struggling not to panic! :)

I just found out that I will be preaching March 4th and I am quite excited about it! I will be preaching the early service and our district superintendent the second. The lectionary texts for the day are Genesis 15:1-12, 17-18; Psalm 27; Philippians 3:17-4:1; and Luke 13:31-35. Lot's of difficult and interesting options!

Well, I've got a few more minutes until my wife gets out from her work with our youth group, so I better wrap things up!

God bless you and do not be afraid!!!

No comments: