Monday, June 4, 2007

Monday Afternoon at Annual Conference

Date: 6/4/07
Time: 4:11 p.m.
Location: The Plano Center, Plano, Texas
Event: The NorthTexas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church

Today, I'm sitting in the Monday session of Annual Conference. This year we are voting for General Conference Delegates and the mood here at conference is quite good! Everyone is excited, treating each other in a Christ-like way, and behaving nicely! I am very hopeful for our deacon candidate, the Rev. Jo Biggerstaff. She is incredible and truly embodies the divine spark! We have been through five ballots and she is getting closer and closer to success. Our annual conference has the most deacons of any conference in our jurisdiction and yet we have never had a deacon delegate to General Conference. I am hoping that this year will be different.

The 2007 Annual Conference is extraordinarily important to me this year as I will be ordained a deacon in full connection tomorrow night, at my home church, Custer Road UMC. Tomorrow I will also have the opportunity to address the annual conference. I will post my remarks after I've said them. Perhaps it goes without saying but I am extremely humbled by this week and by the connection of pastors in The United Methodist Church.

No comments: