Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A lovely prayer from Larry Peacock for this day

God of the winter sky, place a star on the horizon, for I need your light to guide me. I carry the darkness of resentment and anger, the shadows of fear and self-doubt. I need your light to show my community and me that you tenderly love us.
God of the winter sky, place a star on the horizons, for our world needs the assurance of your shining presence. Shine gently on those who grieve. Shine brightly on all who struggle for bread to eat, land to till, work to do. Shine with a strong light on all those who struggle for justice, who work for peace, who bind up the wounds.
God of the winter sky, place a star above me so that I may go into the new year with your light to guide me. Amen.
--Larry Peacock, as found in his book "Openings: A Daybook of Saints, Psalms, and Prayer."

No comments: