Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King Day, 2010

Another MLK day has come and I wonder what his ministry would look like if he were still with us today? What fruits would have been harvested from the Poor People's Campaign? What of his work opposing Vietnam? Because of hate, we will never know.
I started a book yesterday that I've been meaning to read for years: "Bonhoeffer and King: Speaking Truth to Power" by J. Deotis Roberts. Currently, I am reading about the impact of early adulthood impacted their respective ministries. I wonder what paths they would have taken in this day and age?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Corinth, TX

2 comments:

Katanna said...

People now-a-days forget how much of an impact this one man had on history. Last year I was blessed to be able to visit the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, TN (housed on the spot where MLK was shot), and it was amazing to see the change he had on our world.

Matthew

Joe Stobaugh said...

Amen and amen. It's amazing how one person can sway history for the better. I am inspired by his witness nearly every day!