Monday, February 22, 2010

Who are Your Most Influential Theologians?

Grace and peace to you!
At lunch with a good friend the other day I posed the following question: if you could only pick five theologians who most influenced your thinking, who would they be? His answers were fascinating and have spurned me to reading in some new directions! I'm curious, who are your top-five theologians? They don't have to be academy trained folks, novelists, film-makers, family members, etc. are all great choices!
Without giving it a great amount of thought my first list would have to include (in no particular order with a few groupings):
1. The Wesley's
2. Desmond Tutu
3. Marcus Borg
4. Gutierrez and Cone
5. Three of my professors at Perkins: Michel Hawn, Mark Stamm, and Theodore Walker.

Who has most influenced how you talk and think about God?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joerg Rieger
Bruce Marshall
Andy Stoker
Kathleen Baskin-Ball
Brian McClaren
Wes Anderson