Monday, September 25, 2006

Losing a staff member

Life is full of change, isn't it? This past Wednesday afternoon I was in the throws of getting ready for my two weekly Wednesday night rehearsals when one of the assistants to the music ministry called me. He was calling to let me know that he had been offered a position at another church and that he had accepted the offer.

I experienced a wide variety of emotions when he told me. Of all of the emotions that I experienced, shock wasn't one of them. He is an extraordinarily talented musician and arranger (he arranged all of the music for our second service and played the bass) and I expected that he would leave at some point but the timing of his leaving has been difficult.

Over the course of the next few days I will post the liturgy we created to honor him and bless him in his new journey in ministry.

All of this is to say, I will miss him!

No comments: