Thursday, July 19, 2007

Greetings from the Road!

Grace and peace to you from St. Louis! I write to you today (early Thursday morning) from my hotel room at the Millinuem Hotel in St. Louis, on the Mississippi River just 3-wood away from the arch. I'm in St. Louis for this week's 2007 National Convocation of The Fellowship of United Methodists in Music and Worship Arts (better known as FUMMWA). It's been a great convocation this year, we've had lots of wonderful worship opportunities from jazz in a cathedral to an outstanding organ recital in the St. Louis basillica with organist Felix Hell. (Yes, you read the name right. As it turns out, 'Hell' in German means "bright light" sort of like the sun, he says.) I even got to play in a worship service this time around! I played in a little soprano sax in a small combo. The prelude music was done by Mark Hayes. The preaching has been good and there's been some really great clinicians. This week has been a blessing so far!

No comments: