Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Perils of Living with Your In-Laws

Let me begin by first saying one thing: I have AWESOME in-laws. I don't use the term in the slang sense of it but they really are amazing people. They have very graciously let us live with them while we wait for our house to sell in Converse (please, please, please sell!!!!). My father-in-law and I played golf this morning and ate Thai for lunch. Really, they are great folks!
But they have a dog, a Daschund, to be exact.
And Sarah and I have two dogs, Jack Russel Terriers, to be exact.
And the dogs don't always get along very well...
While the men-folk were out losing their minds over their inability to put a little ball in a hole several hundred yards away with an acceptable number of attempts, the ladies were at home and Sarah was hosting one of her wonderful open houses for Mary Kay. So, the dogs thought that this would be an opportune time to get into a really big figtht. So much so that the daschund is now in surgery to close up the bites he recieved, though he asked for them, I'm told, and one of ours will probably need the same course of action soon.
Did I mention my in-laws are really great people?
They really are amazing, but wow, it's going to be great when we have our own space again. There is nothing they could do that would make this scene better. One thing that might, however, is finding a better place for our dogs to be (and I don't mean heaven). So far this idea has not gained a lot of traction with Sarah but I shall soldier on. Our Jacks are great: they are filled with life and love and vigor. I just don't know that they are getting what they need to fulfill thir exsistence with us any more and the fact that one of them is going to cause the other two to go into surgery is just a big problem for me. I am the only hard-liner in the group, apparently.

No comments: