Saturday, November 10, 2007

Yeah, it's been a while...

Seriously, I might be the laziest blogger in the history of the blog...
I pretty much am a loser when it comes to frequently posting...
I have no excuses, o.k., I have a few, but they aren't any better than anyone elses...
Long story short: I struggle with discipline in my blog life.

Whew...Confession is good for the soul.

Sarah, Ellie, and I have started a new chapter in our lives. After a two-week hiatus we have moved to Dallas (temporarily, God-willing) and I have started a new job as the Associate Pastor/Minister of Music, Worship, and the Arts at Argyle UMC. I say we've moved to Dallas temporarily because our house in Converse, TX, has yet to sell and so Sarah's parents have graciously let us move the tribe to their place for a while. They have been very kind to us and the dogs but we'll all be ready for the Stobaugh clan to move to their own place. (Please, St. Joseph, if you are listening, aren't you tired of being upside down in my front yard?!?!? Do your thing, baby!!!!)

Here's a brief status report:
Family: Good. Sarah is doing well and Ellie is a riot!
Friends: Good (except for Ryan B., who's dad is recovering from having a golf ball-sized tumor removed from his brain. He is doing well except he has, temporarily, we hope, lost sight in his left eye.)
Church: Good! Lots of energy and excitment, which is very fun!
Gigs outside of the local church: Good! I am looking forward to serving as the 3-5 grade children's choir clinician at Lake Junaluska in 2008 and my work with the Fellowship is fun!

Things are going well! I was feeling extra blessed this morning. I was delighted to discover that the Starbucks Christmas Blend was on tap, so to speak at my local Starbucks this morning! Following my trip to "the third place" I was able to pick up my friend Ryan from the hosptial and take him to DFW so he could head home after being with his dad all week. On the way back I was able to listen to some of Brian McLaren's new book "Everything Must Change" in the car. Good coffee, beautiful weather, good friends and stimulating thought. What more could you ask for from a Saturday morning?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your new endeavors. I was at HPUMC when Kory Knott was just getting his start. The two of will make an awesome team!