Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Some random thoughts on a Tuesday night...

Howdy! I hope life is treating you well! It's been a while since I've posted so here's some random thoughts...
1. Sam is getting baptized on Sunday, which is awesome!
2. The remnants of Hurricane Gustav are coming through the North Texas area today and it's quite windy! Being able to actually see the rain bands has been intense! Our skylight is making some crazy noise and we are hundreds of miles away from the gulf! Incredible!
3. Speaking of Gustav, it's hard to imagine that 1/2 of Louisiana doesn't have power, but it's true.
4. I have been listening to the new Charlie Hall album and am really enjoying it. The album has a wonderful tune called "mystery" that uses liturgy from the Book of Common Prayer.
5. It's sad to see protestors get gassed.
6. I am feeling very sorry for Sarah Palin's daughter. It must be a very, very difficult for their family.
7. I am watching the RNC convention. It's mildly interesting. I thought the Rabbi who gave the benediction today, by actually endorsing John McCain in his prayer, is putting his congregation dangerously close to being checked-out by the IRS.
8. If I had to vote for a Republican, I'd vote for McCain.
9. This weekend I am looking forward to seeing the Counting Crows, which is going to be sweet!
All right, it's time to go to bed! These are interesting times, eh?

No comments: