Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An inspiring moment for my daughter!

Let me first say, wow, what a night for Methodists! Hillary Clinton gave a wonderful speech at tonight's Democratic convention and two Methodist pastors from Aurora, Colorado (where I lived for five years as a kid) gave the benediction. I couldn't believe how moved I was by Hilary's speech. I have always been a big fan and have read all of her books but she hit a home-run tonight! I was so struck by what women like HIllary Clinton have done for the future of my daughter, Eleanor Grace. Incredible!!!! It's days like this I believe that I can truly tell my daughter that she really can be whatever she wants to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta say this is one of the few times I'm going to disagree with you. As a female role model I am ashamed of Hilary. I watched as well, but I just can't bring myself to think highly of her. But I suppose this is proof you can take positive away from anything. I'm glad you saw something worthwhile.

Joe Stobaugh said...

It's nice to see some disagreement on here from time to time! :) That is one of the great things about being an American, isn't it? We can disagree and still be in community!