Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

O.K., so I've written three drafts for this post and this is the one I'm rolling with. It's so generic and vanilla it's pretty boring but because this blog is linked to the church website, I feel that I've got to be careful in what I write for fear of the IRS potentially challenging Argyle UMC's tax-exempt status. Sadly, I am not familiar with the in's and out's of the law enough to know if I could potentially be putting the church at risk by posting who I am voting for. I am not willing to even potentially put this church through that.

I will say, however, that I am excited and nervous all at once for the results from this day to come to the fore! Since I woke up this morning I've been doing all the things I do when I get anxious: overeating, drinking WAY too much coffee, over-checking cnn.com, etc. I truly believe that this election is a once-in-a-lifetime election for my generation and that we have an incredible opportunity to alter the trajectory of our nation today. Please, if you haven't voted today, go do it! There is still time!
Off to handbells! :)

No comments: