Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The blog is not dead!

Yeah, I've been neglecting the blog. Sorry about that! The last few weeks have been crazy! I've been to Buda, Texas, where I had the privilege of working with the Buda UMC Praise Band and catching up with the amazing Paul Harper and Teresa Wellborn, leading a Soul Cafe, working at the church, of course, checking out Dmin opportunities and attending Ministers Week at Perkins. Minsters Week this year is excellent! Karen Ward, Doug Pagitt, Tom Sine, Elaine Heath and Mark Stamm are a few of the amazing speakers that we've heard so far: tomorrow is the last day. I feel right at home!
Some of today's content is really challenging me to re-think the idea of "programming." More and more I am becoming convinced that I need to build the worship, music, and the arts ministries at Argyle through organic means. I will hopefully write more about that later!
I am also going to re-ignite our liturgy guild. The time has come!
I hope life is treating you well, if any one still reads this blog! Have a great few days!
Joe

No comments: