Sunday, February 8, 2009

A few random thoughts for a this Sunday

This is a strange sensation for me! I am more prepared than usual on a Sunday morning and am finding myself with 15 minutes of free time before worship begins! Crazy! So, a few quick thoughts before I head out to visit with folks (which I should be doing instead of blogging right now).

1. I've somehow managed to spill hot coffee into my left eye this morning (don't ask), which, while painful, has washed the irritant that was previously lodged in my eye, out!

2. Tonight I get to go to a John Bell BIG SING, which is one of the greatest things in the entire world! If you ever get a chance to participate in one, don't miss it!

3. Radiohead, B.B. King, John Mayer, Coldplay, U2, etc. all performing at the Grammy's tonight! Thank goodness for dvr!

4. I read in the paper yesterday that the number of suicides in the U.S. Military eclipsed the number of those killed in combat in January. There is so much to be said about this, from the actual task of being a soldier to the lack of appropriate transition procedures to pastoral care for veterans, the list goes on and on. Terrible.

5. Even in the midst of darkness, God is faithful.

Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments: