Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday's Endorsements

Several issues ago, Esquire magazine came out with a great issues of things that they endorse and it got me to thinking, what would I list as things I endorse. One has to be careful with these things!

Here are the things I'm endorsing today:

1. Haircuts for men at actual barbershops. I went to one yesterday for the first time since I've been out of college and it was great! The hot lather shave piece is completely worth the price! (The haircut was pretty strong as well.)

2. Speaking of Esquire, I endorse the book "The Year of Living Biblically" by A.J. Jacobs, who is an editor-at-large for Esquire. If you haven't read this book yet, stop reading this post, go to Amazon, and order a copy for yourself and one for a friend.

3. The movie "Slumdog Millionaire." I saw it last night for the first time and it is truly amazing! Difficult, challenging, uplifting, and overall incredible.

So, if you are looking for something to do tonight, first of all, tivo Jamie Cullum's appearance on "Dancing with the Stars" (I can't believe I just wrote that) then, hit the redbox or blockbuster or netflix, check out "Slumdog Millionaire" and then get to reading!

2 comments:

Evan Jones said...

but the question remains....do you endorse the Mavericks?

Joe Stobaugh said...

but of course! (just like I endorse the spurs, except when they play the mavericks. when I was in sa i endoresed the mavericks except when they played the spurs.) odd, perhaps. consistent? i think so?