Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Quick Review of the U2 Concert!



Sarah and I had the great fortune on Monday night to attend the U2 concert at the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. While I've been a huge fan of U2 for quite a while this was my first time to experience them in concert.

U2 didn't disappoint, in fact, they were incredible!

Cowboys Stadium, did disappoint.

The acoustics where we sat were horrendous. The opening act, Muse, was completely unintelligible. I was looking forward to hearing them but the acoustics were so bad that they sounded awful. I'm sure their performance was tremendous but there's no way I could have known!

During Muse's last song I found a place for us to stand in the end zone party pass area, where the acoustics were 1000 times better! Thankfully, we were able to stand there for the rest of the show.

U2 was, simply amazing! The Claw and adjoining screen were mind blowing and the performance was top-notch. U2's set list was as follows:

Breathe
Get on Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Stuck In A Moment
No Line on the Horizon
Elevation
Until The End of the World
Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy - Remix
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On
One
Where The Streets Have No Name

Ultraviolet
With or Without You
Moment of Surrender

Simply incredible! One day I hope to be able to see them live again! (Hopefully in an arena!)

1 comment:

Sarah Roberts said...

Its great to hear your feedback. I am sorry the stadium was a disappointment but I am not shocked. I had high hopes Jerry would have fixed it all up by now. Im sad to hear Muse was a disappointment too. They once signed my jeans on my thigh... I miss those crazy days. I hope U2 returns to town. Im glad you found some decent seats for the last set!

PS Marcia was awesome, we missed you today.