Sunday, May 20, 2007

4/22/07 11:00 Service

Travis Park UMC
Celebration Worship Service
April 22nd, 2007
Third Sunday in Easter

OPENING MUSIC:
Woke Up This Morning with My Mind
In the Sanctuary
Amazing Grace

WELCOME (Registration Pads, Questions)

A Lamentation: I Couldn’t Hear Nobody Pray
by The Rev. Maxine Allen

(Willie Glaster)
I couldn't hear nobody pray, Lord!I heard the sounds of bullets…I heard the sounds of sirens…I hard the click and flash of cameras and cell phones…I heard the pounding of boots on the pavement…
(Deana Kirby)I couldn't hear nobody pray, Lord!I heard the sound of moaning…I heard the beating of fists…I heard the whir of the helicopter…But, I couldn't hear nobody pray.
(Taylor Boone)
I hear the peck, peck, peck of computer keys…I hear the television in the background…I hear the announcer give the body count…I hear the young man crying…But, I couldn't hear nobody pray.
(John Flowers)I couldn't hear nobody pray, Lord!I couldn't hear nobody pray.Way down yonder by myself,And I couldn't hear nobody pray!

Surely God is Able
CALL FOR THE OFFERING
(ushers, please come forward after the call for the offering)

OFFERTORY: I Need You To Survive

MESSAGE “Extravagant Generosity” Acts 20:32-35 Rev. John Flowers

TURNING IN OF COMMITMENT CARDS

INVITATION

INVITATION TO DISCPLESHIP: I Have Decided to Follow Jesus

BENEDICTION

POSTLUDE: God’s Got a Blessing (reprise)

No comments: