Monday, June 2, 2008

My name is Fire Chief Joe!

Yeah, so I have decided to give myself a new name. From hence forth I shall be known as Fire Chief Joe. Like it? I hope so! The reason I have given myself a new name is that I spent the entire day (and up until about 11:00 tonight) putting out fires. My first interaction with a human at the church today involved a fire and my last email tonight involved a fire. Crazy! I am still waiting on one fire to burn itself out but I feel like I've dug an appropriate fire break (like the do in the Northwest) on that one and all of the fires are out! That's my kind of Monday!

I am posting right now while watching game five of the Stanley Cup Finals. As most of you know Sarah and I are season ticket holders with the Dallas Stars and I have been very intentional about not blogging about hockey, because I give an inordinate amount of attention to the sport as it is! We had the chance to attend every playoff game except the first game this year and it was awesome! The Stars had a great season and I loved being back in the area keeping up with them! I am a huge fan of hockey and especially the Stars. ( I will even admit that the grooms cake at my wedding was a giant Stars puck, and it looked and tasted good!) The dj at our wedding might have played the old song the Stars used to skate out to as we came into our reception. Believe it or not, that was not my idea..

I love hockey! It's a game that has nice allegorical possibilities with real life! It can be a beautiful, beautiful sport!

One of these days I will probably play hockey again: I miss it. (Well, except for the broken bones, bruises and torn ligaments!)

What a great game so far tonight! It's 11:20 p.m. and we will soon begin the third OT! Now this is the way to celebrate a day of fire-fighting!

1 comment:

NovelistKat said...

Well Fire Joe, I love hockey too. Been meaning to come by your blog. Feel free to swing by mine: www.veribatim.com/blog