Friday, July 18, 2008

Cantoring @ the SCJ JC

Howdy! Well, I've finally found a few minutes to blog during the South Central Jurisdictional Conference. This week has been crazy! I have averaged five hours of sleep the last few nights and I am starting to get a bit sleepy but what an interesting experience this has been!
On Tuesday I had the opportunity to work in rehearsal with the combined choirs of St. Luke Community UMC, Hamilton Park UMC, and Lovers Lane UMC, three of the best choirs in the North Texas Conference.
On Wednesday night I had what I consider to be the great privelage of cantoring the opening worship service for the jurisdictional conference. Being able to lead a thousand people in a cappella singing was absolutely an thrill!!! We had 100 people in the choir, a six piece professional brass ensemble and the incredible pipe organ at FUMC Dallas. If I get some time I'll write more about this service but suffice to say, it was one of the most amazing music ministry moments of my life.

O.K......we are live at ballot 17 for our last bishop....no election....

Back to the week!

On Thursday morning I had the opportunity to led the morning worship service and then all of the singing during the conference on Thursday and Friday.

This morning I lead the music for the bishop's retirement service. It's been amazing but know I've got to go and get another song ready!

No comments: