Sunday, July 6, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Sunday Night

Yeah, I know, I know, it's been a week. I am the world's worst blogger!
So, here's some random thoughts from today...

1. I just got back from hearing my old youth choir kids sing tonight: I am proud of them! They sang very well and their new director is very cool! (Anybody who rocks the Kangol hat and the iPhone is cool with me.)

2. Kangol hats are awesome. I am going to wear my summer black one tomorrow. iPhones are pretty awesome too...one of these days.

3. I got to preach today, which I love. I preached about justice and God's grace and you know what, it mattered!

4. John Mayer has really good tone!

5. So does Glenn Gould.

6. I love diversity in music!

7. A good friend of mine is a female pastor who just started last week at a church in Bridgeport. There was a blog post in a local blog in the town that she is in that commented on her being a woman. I realized, again, that I don't have to face that kind of thing simply because I was born as a male. Seriously, bigotry is just dumb.

8. Because I preached today, I am exhausted. Preaching is a different animal than teaching or other kinds of public speaking that I have engaged in. It just drains me! (In a great way.)

9. Our youth minister, Nathan Bryant, led the music at services this morning and was amazing! He really has an incredible instrument in his voice!

10. My trip to teach and conduct in North Carolina has totally revitalized me as a musician: I feel blessed and excited and vitally interested in making music again!

11. Tomorrow I get to worship with my brothers and sisters in The Order of St. Luke, which is going to be nourishing to my soul.

12. Usually I am filled with random thoughts but I'm done for tonight. God bless you!
Joe

No comments: