Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday's=Defense!

I've said it for years and it remains true: Monday's are always about playing a little "d." One of the interesting parts about being a "young clergyperson" is that I've been a pastor pretty much my whole adult life (with a few retail, one graphic design job, and a summer stint at a beer distributorship during college) so I don't know if my little saying holds true in other professions but I imagine it does.

A normal Monday for me pretty much involves taking Ellie to school, three meetings (worship and two different staff meetings), returning emails from the weekend and trying to figure out how to cram in three weeks of work into the next four days. It's tough to ever feel like I'm getting ahead!

Today, however, was oddly different! Perhaps it had something to do with only getting four hours of sleep last night (oh, wow, the Stars were amazing, what a victory!) but I felt like I actually got something done today! Not only did we have some very productive and positive meetings but, for once, I got a little ahead on most of my email and on a few long-range planning items that have huge implications for the life of the church. Obviously, I can't get into them now but I guess what I'm saying is that it's nice to feel like I actually did some work of immediate value today! ;)

Well, the clock on the wall in my office says 4:56 p.m. (O.K., actually the clock on my mac says 4:56 p.m.) and, one of the things I secretly love about Monday''s, is that I get to maintain a fairly regular schedule, so I plan to walk out the door within the next hour so I had better split. I hope your Monday was a good one!

No comments: