Saturday, May 17, 2008

Welcome, 4th decade of life!

Here it is! The big 3-0! Really, it's not too bad so far, in fact, it rather feels like 29 but with EXPERIENCE! :)

Yesterday was truly a great day: I had a chance to make "bacakes" (which is how Ellie refers to pancakes and bacon) for the girls, spent quality time in the yard reflecting on God's goodness, practiced my alto a little bit, played a few moments of Tiger Woods '08 and then, my lovely wife surprised me with a party for my birthday! She is just that cool!

Sarah had invited friends of ours from across our journey, from middle school, through college and seminary to our churches (the Best family came)! There was great food and great friends! Truly, a blessing!

After everyone left and we cleaned up a bit, I read some of Matthew and called it a night. That's a tremendous way to end one decade of life.

And now, here we are. The fourth decade of life has begun! It began this morning the way it ended last night: thanking God for the goodness of life, a page or two out of Matthew, and we're off for the day! Good stuff, really! I can't wait to see what's coming this decade!

I hope you have a great day! Know that God loves you!

No comments: