Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ahh, the CITY: part deux

So, after the longest approach in the history of aviation (probably not true, really) we landed in Chicago. I was going to take Sarah out for a nice dinner and then surprise her with our destination but our little adventure on I-35 kept that from happening.

First things first: Sarah. She is simply the most amazing woman I know! She is an incredible person of faith, the best mom around and a crazy awesome wife. God has blessed me richly in allowing me to be her husband. Plus, she’s hotter now than ever! I’m decent with words but I do not have to words to express how amazing she is and how blessed I am and how much I love her. True story.

Second things second: the CITY. They say Chicago is downtown USA. They also say that Manhattan is downtown World. Whoever they are (o.k., ‘they’ is Mark Rubinstein) well, they are right! What’s not to love about New York? Over seven million people, over 80 languages, 30,000 restaurants, some of the most incredible art and culture (and yes, it kills me to admit it, they do have a decent sports team or two) a tremendous vibe, and all on an island! You cannot beat that.

I’ve had the good fortune to go to L.A. (well, maybe that’s not good fortune), London, Paris, and Rome but for my money, give me New York! (Paris is a close second.)

If we have time, we’ll post more about the trip as we go.

No comments: