Sunday, February 10, 2008

I am SHOCKED!!!!! And delighted!!!

I can't believe it!!!!!! I just got home and finished watching the Grammy's (thank you, TiVo) and I just am thrilled and in shock! Herbie Hancock won!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! Fantastic! Inspiring!!! It's been 43 years since a jazz album has been nominated for album of the year. And he won! Wow! My jaw hit the floor!
If you have not checked out this album yet go to iTunes and buy it! Especially if you are a casual jazz fan, or looking to get your feet wet, or even if you don't like Joni Mitchell's music: you will not be sorry! It is simply gorgeous. Wayne Shorter's playing on this album is simply inspired! (That was Ellie's first jazz concert: we took her to hear Wayne Shorter about a month before she was born!)
A jazz album wins in 2008...amazing.
And, to top it all off, Herbie quoted Barack! Can't beat it!
Wow!

No comments: