Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ahh, the CITY!

Whenever you put a word like “city” in all caps, you’ve got to know that you are talking about a word that everyone will recognize and agree on. Which city comes to mind when you read those two words: the CITY? Well of course, you are right! NEW YORK CITY! Right now Sarah and I are at 30,000, about to land in Chicago on our way to NYC for a long weekend. This weekend is not only Valentine’s Day Weekend (I just changed it from a day to a weekend) but also, and more importantly, my beautiful bride turns thirty this weekend! So I thought that I absolutely needed to take her on a surprise trip this weekend somewhere cool. We both love the Big Apple and she hasn’t had the chance to go back in a while so it was an easy choice!

I managed to conceal the destination of trip (as well as how I was paying for it) until yesterday. We were going to go out for a nice dinner and hang on; apparently I got to go, as we are about to land.

No comments: