Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday...

Well, even though the votes are still being counted, I am encouraged by yesterday! I must admit, I though that "The Huck" would do well in the South but I didn't think he would do that well! I also thought that McCain would have been a bit more dominant than he was but he still emerged as the front-runner for the GOP.

Barack and Hillary are still neck and neck, which is great! It excites me to know that the Texas primary will actually count for something this time!

I had a chance to watch all of the candidates speeches last night and, by far, as far as pure oratory goes, the winner was Barack Obama, at least on my card! He was exciting, had great pitch, presence, and pace, and a good message! (I wish he was a preacher!)

He got me thinking that, well, maybe yeah, we can!

2 comments:

Curtis Ruder said...

Over at the New Republic, one of the commentators gave Obama the "Roger Federer Award" for being so much better at what he is doing that it looks like he is playing a different sport referencing their speeches the other night. That was the best summary for my money.

Joe Stobaugh said...

They are right on! I think they nailed it! I like the "Roger Federer Award"!
Curtis, you are the man!